How to apply for expense reimbursements on the extranet:
You can apply for expense reimbursements while you create an invoice for your work. When filling out the invoice, be sure to select “I have work related expenses”.
Adding travel expenses
- Add travel expenses under Detailed travel information.
- Select Add row.
- Fill in under Route a precise description of your route, where you started, where you stopped and where you return. For example Place 1-Place 2-Place 1.
- Also enter the date and time you left the starting address and returned to the final address, as well as the number of kilometers.
- If the business trip lasts for several consecutive days, i.e. you do not return home in between, the days can be added on the same row.
- If you are entitled to a daily allowance or meal allowance, the total number of pieces will be added here.
- Each day must be added on the expense form as a separate row, i.e. using the Add row function. Sometimes it is also convenient to use the Copy previous row function, which allows you to quickly update only the changed items on your trip
- If you have invoiced these travel expenses from the client, check the box at the bottom.
Adding supply and material expenses as well as receipts and supporting documents
In order for us to pay you expense reimbursements during your salary payment, we need receipts and a statement of purchases for the Tax Administration. Remember that purchases must be directly related to your invoicing.
- Add Receipts and documents under Supply and material expenses.
- Press Add row to enter each expense document as a separate row.
- In the Explanation of purchase for bookkeeping section, tell us exactly what supplies you have purchased.
- Add the amount and the VAT rate of the expense document. If the receipt has multiple VAT rates, add each different VAT rate purchase to a separate row. If your purchase is from abroad, select 0% VAT, regardless of the VAT rate in that country.
- The purchase date is the date of the payment receipt and if the purchase was made on an invoice, enter the date of the invoice here, not the date of the payment receipt on the invoice.
- Add receipts electronically, you can either take clear pictures of them on your mobile phone or scan them.
- The file format is jpg or pdf.
- If you have more than one receipt, you can fit 1 to 4 receipts on one A4 so that each is clearly readable.
- Keep the original receipts and invoices until the salary payment just in case there is something wrong in the files you sent, and we must ask you for them again.If the currency of the expense document is other than euro, please also include, for example a document of the card transaction in euros. In this way, we ensure that the exchange rate and any commission from your card company are considered in your expenses.
- You can write us a message regarding expense reimbursements or documents under Additional information.
- Expenses are processed during salary payment and if, for example, your expenses need clarification, we will contact you.
It is good to remember that the expense reimbursements paid to you are not salary and will not appear on your salary certificate. We report to the income register the salaries paid for the work you do, as well as tax-exempt and taxable expense reimbursements. Only expenses reimbursed based on a mere document will not be declared.
Examples of reimbursable expenses
Supplies, materials, and travel related to the invoiced work should always be purchased as separate purchases, so that the receipt can be assigned to the invoice. We always check all your receipts as one unit. One receipt cannot be divided into applying to several different invoices.
A receipt cannot be used as a basis for deduction if it contains a single product which the Tax Administration does not accept as deductible. For example, tobacco products and alcohol on a receipt always result in the entire receipt being rejected.