- Responsible light entrepreneur service
- This is how our service works
- Experiences from our entrepreneurs
- Light entrepreneurs’ insurances
- Light entrepreneurship or starting up a business?
Light entrepreneurs’ insurances – security and safety in everyday life
It is important to us that all our light entrepreneurs are as well insured as possible. Therefore, our service fee includes the following light entrepreneurs’ insurances:
- working time accident insurance
- operational liability insurance, and
- consulting insurance.
Insurances provide security not only for the light entrepreneur but also for the light entrepreneur’s clients, and they are also required by many work clients. As a light entrepreneur at Eezy, you do not have to pay extra for the security and peace of mind of insurance, they are automatically part of your entrepreneurship.
When are these light entrepreneurs’ insurances valid?
The insurance policies of the light entrepreneur included in Eezy’s service fee take effect immediately after registration. So register with our service before starting work.
Taking out the YEL insurance, i.e. entrepreneur’s pension insurance, becomes timely only when your entrepreneurial activities meet the conditions for the YEL insurance. It is your responsibility to take out the YEL insurance and we will help you if you wish.
Working time accident insurance
Eezy Kevytyrittäjät Osk has taken a valid accident insurance while working as follows:
The insurance is valid for accidents that occurred during performed work. The insurance does not cover occupational diseases, business trips or longer-term compensation for loss of earnings, such as an accident pension.
The insurance covers:
- Medical expenses, necessary research expenses and medicines prescribed by a doctor without a euro ceiling.
- Travel and accommodation expenses and first aid equipment.
- Compensation for loss of earnings daily allowance for a maximum of 1 year after the accident. The amount of the daily allowance is based on the amount of earned income invoiced during the period, but at least the minimum annual earnings. Minimum annual earnings refer to the minimum annual earnings according to the Accidents at Work Act, the amount of which in 2021 is 15,210 €.
- Compensation for functional limitation, which is calculated in accordance with the Accidents at Work and Occupational Diseases Act but calculated for a period of 3 years according to the category of harm. Compensation is always paid as a one-time payment, not as ongoing compensation.
- Death, sum insured 25,000 €. The beneficiaries are relatives.
- Compensation period for all cases is 3 years from the date of the accident, unless otherwise stated.
The insurance terms and conditions contain restrictions. The insurance does not cover among other things: accident or family pension or rehabilitation allowance or other rehabilitation allowances.
You will need to have an European Health Insurance Card or a Kela-card so that the insurance will cover medical expenses. If you move to Finland from another country or if you start working in Finland, you can apply for a Kela card by sending a message about this via Kela’s e-service. Read more about the Kela card.
Operational liability insurance and consultancy insurance
The service includes operational liability insurance, which covers possible personal and property damage to clients and third parties up to 1 million €.
We have taken out consultant insurance for consultants. The insurance does not cover management consulting, condition assessment consulting or the activities of the manager in charge.
- The sum insured is 200,000 €.
- The deductible is 10% of the amount of the damage, but always at least 1,000 €.
- The insurance is continuous, i.e. it covers both the performance of the work and the possible warranty period.
- The insurance does not cover management consulting, condition assessment consulting or the activities of the manager in charge.
If you need a consultant insurance for a larger amount or a separate insurance certificate for consultant insurance for your client, please contact us.
YEL insurance for light entrepreneurs, i.e. entrepreneur’s pension insurance
Light entrepreneurs, i.e. users of invoicing services, are classified as entrepreneurs for the purposes of pension insurance. This means that you are responsible for arranging your own pension insurance with the YEL insurance if your entrepreneurial activity meets the conditions for the YEL insurance.
We have made YEL insurance as straightforward as possible, and you can handle the YEL insurance conveniently through Eezy from the employment pension company Elo. The YEL insurance payment is individual and is not included in Eezy’s service fee. You can deduct the YEL insurance payments in your personal taxation.
Read more about the YEL insurance and how you can take out YEL insurance through Eezy.
Light entrepreneurs’ insurances with one service fee
As an Eezy light entrepreneur, you get the most important light entrepreneurs’ insurances in one service fee. We want to make light entrepreneurship easy, productive, and safe – that is why insurance is part of our comprehensive overall service. Find out all about our service and contact us if you have any questions. Our customer service will be happy to answer your questions and advise you on becoming a light entrepreneur as well as in light entrepreneurship.